• DAYS


Visa Category

Q: What type of visa should I apply for?

A: At the moment, F visa, M visa and L visa are applicable for WPFG participants.

Visa Major Purpose of Visit Applicable for
F Exchanges, visits, study tours and other activities Officials attending opening ceremony and other side events;
Officials and staff of host committees of the 19th and 20th WPFG;
Officials and staff of the WPFG Federation;
M M For commercial and trade activities,Participation in competitions Athletes,Technical Personnel including referees, coaches
L Tourism Family and friends

* Please kindly note: it is the consular officers that decide what type of visa is best suited for an applicant’s stated purpose of visit to China. And it is also the consular officers who make decisions on the allowed validity, number of entries and duration of stay based on each actual application.

Getting a visa

Please be aware that you will need a Chinese visa to enter China. Foreign citizens should have applied for and obtained appropriate visas before entering China unless you are visa-exempt according to certain agreements and regulations.

You are advised to ensure that your visa is valid before the 2019 WPFG. If your visa has expired or the visa has insufficient number of entries, you need to apply for a new visa.


(1) Passport:Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity and blank visa pages, and a photocopy of the passport’s data page and the photo page if it is separate.

(2) Visa Application Form and Photo:One completed Visa Application Form with a recently-taken color passport photo (bare-head, full face) against a light background attached.

(3) Proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship)

(4) Invitation letter

Q: How can I get an official invitation letter?

A: To get an official invitation letter, you have to complete the online registration at https://wpfg2019.fusesport.com/registration/757.
A registration confirmation enclosed with an official invitation letter for visa application will be sent to your email.

Q: What if the the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General request for additional invitation from a duly authorized unit?

A: Please contact Chengdu Municipal Foreign Affairs Office at foreignaffairs@chengdu2019wpfg.com with the following documents:

1. Personal information chart

2. A scanned copy of your passport
3. If you are bringing with you your family, please provide us with their passport scans as well

(5) Other Supporting documents depend on your country of citizenship. Please make sure that you consult the Chinese Embassy and consulates prior to your visa application.

How to apply

Applicants may either approach the Chinese Embassy or the Chinese Consulate General in your consular service area or submit your applications at the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre. Appointment should be made online in advance before applications are submitted.

For Chinese Embassies:

For Chinese Consulate Generals:

For visa service centers: www.visaforchina.org


We strongly advise you to check detailed visa guide on the official websites of the Chinese Embassy, the Chinese Consulate General or visa service center in your consular service area.